Thursday, August 21, 2008

Surviving




This is my new motorcycle. I inherited it from, no other than Big Daddy.

I thought it would be so hard to ride considering the size. It rides like a Cadillac. I can't believe I rode that old rickety Sportster for so long. It is just completely wobbly, uncomfortable and takes 10 minutes to warm up with the carburetor and all. Gotta pull out on the choke. What a pain.




My Big Daddy motorcycle is fuel injected. You turn it on and wait for the fuel light to turn off and start him up. I'm getting a personalized licence plate
BGDA D. When I want to ride Big Daddy, I can. It is and will be very cathartic.

I took Devin for a ride the other day. I was so proud to have him on the back. Me, Big Daddy and my son. I was riding with a grin from ear to ear.


I miss him so much; his touch, his smile, his voice, his smell. I can feel him sometimes, his essence. I'll smell his cigar or just his light and wonderful scent. I see the silhouette of his face in a bright blue light at night when I go to sleep, and feel a fluttering in my heart as his energy passes through me.


BTW. I look bad ass on his bike, or I mean, my Big Daddy bike.

13 comments:

Sassy said...

Awww, I know you miss him. Hearing about your love for big daddy, makes me believe our loved ones never truly leave us.

I bet you do look bad ass on that bike, and what a beautiful bike it is!

Love you, and thinking of you..

Anonymous said...

Thats a kick ass bike Beck. I'm glad you are getting thru this. He'll always be with you, he's letting you know that!
Lots of love!

Holly said...

Kick ass just seems to say it all, doesn't it? Kick ass bike, kick ass man, kick ass Becky!

I love you so much, and I think about you and Randy and Devin more than you know.

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking of you daily. You can't begin to imagine my tears right now, realizing you're going to be okay.

Gonna turn on "Unknown Legend," and think about your hair flying in the wind...

That Randy. Everyone should be so fortunate to have loved -- to keep on loving -- a guy like him.

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

.

alan said...

So happy to see you here again, and grateful for your kind words!

I was thinking of buying a Sportster in the next year or so, 'til I read your review...

Of course, it couldn't shake any worse than my old '58 Triumph did, and I bet it would run in the rain, too!

ron st.amant said...

What a great way to remember love and the good times!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Thanks for sharing this. Got me choked up. What a perfect way to stay connected to him.
I hope I see ya riding some day.
LOVE.

Jo said...

May he always be with you honey. I'm sure he will.

fineartist said...

And you do, you look mighty fine AND bad ass on big daddy...

Tear.

I love you poodle doodles...but you know that.

Doris said...

You don't really know me Becky - Josephine is our mutual friend and it is through her I heard of your tragic and sudden loss. My heart feels for you and I don't know how one manages to survive ... but you are and you have to. My now departed Grandma was distraught when my Grandad passed but after a few years she said it was easier to bear as time went by so I suppose one just has to keep going.

You have a great sense of humour to talk about riding your Big Daddy and the personalized number plate sounds cool ;-)

Although we are sort of strangers I am sending you love and hugs for now and for yours and Devin's future.

Doris x

PS. And did I say what a wicked cool bike you have there? My last bike was Virago 550 which seems so lightweight to that beast between your legs! ;-)

beckyboop said...

Appreciate all of your love and support. All of you!

Comments back:
Hey Alan, ya wanna buy a Sporster cheap?

Joe, I wanna come and visit!

Doris, thank you for the words of encouragement. Invite me to your blog. You sound very sweet and a plus, plus...a fellow biker.

pearl said...

i got a little teary eyed reading this and picturing you and devin on the big daddy bike....im glad you are gonna be ok. i have been thinking of you lots and lots....